Lesson on Twitter Network and Sentiment Analysis
Here is a lesson I gave at the CUNY Graduate Center on Twitter Network Analysis and Sentiment Analysis.
It is an interactive introductory lesson that covers the following topics:
- Very short introduction to Python/Jupyter/NumPy and matplotlib,
- Tweet collection using the Twitter Streaming API (using tweepy),
- Creation and analysis of the network of interactions between Twitter users (using networkx),
- Basics of supervised machine learning classification,
- Sentiment analysis applied to the Twitter interaction network (using scikit-learn).
And here is what you should get at the end: